After cracking my brain for a week and almost going with “best Estonian films”, since nobody could question my credibility (well, Mettel could, but I’d figure something out), I finally got somewhere. Since I’m more or less cinematically retarded, my participation was a bad idea from the start, but here goes!
m.brown is the best reviewer around these days, so I was psyched to to see that he’s hosting a blogathon! The rules are “choose the top 4 of anything cinematic and explain why it should be carved into the side of a mountain forever. Remember, these are real people carved into imaginary rock – so choose wisely!” Which is as complicated as it gets. And equally as fun.
- I didn’t announce it with as big of a bang as I should have, but here it is: I GOT NETFLIX!!
- Should you be an American reading this and don’t get it, here’s the deal: my home country doesn’t have Netflix. All DVDs are crazy expensive. It’s a whole different world out there in the wilderness.
- Life’s been much better film–wise, too. My first Netflix film was Winter’s Bone and it was pretty amazing. I love Jennifer Lawrence more with each of her films. My other favourite of this week was This Is The End, which was the funniest film I’ve seen in a while.
- Yet the most exciting thing I’ve watched has been Game of Thrones. I’m on episode four and it’s even better than I was hoping. As a sidenote I can say it’s awesome having a brother who is nerdy enough to get really excited about GoT along with you.
- Oh, and The Desolation of Smaug was also really cool, even though undercooked.
- Tomorrow I will see Love Actually for the first time, in honour of lille juleaften – small Christmas night? I don’t know. Anyway, yes, it’s one of these films I curse myself for not having seen. But apparently seeing it on the 23rd of December is a tradition in Norway. I’m not complaining. 😉
- Some of the following links are pretty old, but I’m more confused by the passing time than Amy Pond, so just click, read, and enjoy. 😉
- Katy created an awesome alphabet movie meme
- Mettel Ray shared twelve films she felt strongly about this year
- Nick announced the 2nd Golden Katz awards
- Sati reviewed Blue is the Warmest Color
- Davecrewe shares the top 10 television episodes of 2013
- Mette makes a case for Spring Breakers
- Table9mutant reviews Ruby Sparks
- Amy reviews Saving Mr. Banks